HCEA members receive our quarterly slick-paper magazine, Equipment Echoes.
Within its color covers, each 36-page issue includes:
Subjects of recent articles include:
- Educational, well-illustrated articles on all aspects of equipment history, from design and manufacture to contemporary operation and exhibits of vintage equipment;
- News about the HCEA and its events and operations, including updates on the National Construction Equipment Museum and Archives and notices of upcoming Conventions and Board meetings;
- Larry’s Safety Clinic, with anecdotes and tips for the safe restoration, transportation and operation of equipment;
- Classified ads for the purchase and sale of antique equipment, parts and collectibles;
- Editorial and President's Letter, with cutting-edge commentary on the equipment hobby and our mission to preserve the history of construction, dredging and surface mining equipment history; and,
- A condensed catalog of the merchandise that we sell.
In addition, most issues include:
- Witty and challenging construction related trivia questions;
- Diggin' For Help, in which we print requests and photos from our members needing help in identifying and restoring equipment;
- Current news about historic companies, product lines and industry figures; and,
- Reviews of books and videos on construction, mining and dredging equipment and its history.
Our annual Convention issue, usually the Winter issue depending on show dates, is all color with numerous photographs of equipment exhibited or operating at our annual International Convention and Old Equipment Exposition.
Each current member receives the quarterly issue, and a selection of back issues is available from our online store.
If you, or someone you know, would like to receive Equipment Echoes, go to our Join us page!
Equipment Echoes is mailed bulk rate within the United States. If you have moved, it will not be forwarded. If you are moving, please update your Profile with your new address as soon as possible so that you won't miss an issue.